§1 Goods shipment and shipping costs
(1) Any deadlines and dates we provide for the shipment of goods are approximate. For National orders delivery time is generally 1-3 days. In the EU takes between 3-14 weekdays for delivery once shipped.
(2) All delivery deadlines specified by us when customers place their orders or otherwise agreed shall begin on the day we receive the full purchase price (including VAT and shipping costs).
(3) Our compliance with any shipping deadline is measured solely by the day on which we hand over the goods to the shipping company handling your shipment.
(4) If the goods ordered are not available, we will notify the customer immediately. If the goods are not available for the foreseeable future, we are entitled to withdraw from the contract. If we withdraw from the contract, we will immediately refund any payments already made by the customer. The customer's statutory rights due to delays in delivery are not affected by the foregoing provisions; the customer may claim damages only to the extent stipulated in §8 below.
(5) All shipments within Portugal are 3,55€. In the EU 7,15€ and in other countries are 9,70€.
Any duties, fees, taxes and other government levies are payable by the buyer.
(6) We are entitled to make partial deliveries of products in one order if they are separately usable and are responsible for any additional shipping costs incurred.
§2 Shipping and transfer of risk
(1) Unless otherwise agreed, we will determine the appropriate delivery method and shipping company at our reasonable discretion.
(2) Deliveries within Portugal and abroad are generally made by CTT. Shipments can be tracked at https://www.ctt.pt/feapl_2/app/open/objectSearch/objectSearch.jspx?request_locale=en .
(3) We are responsible solely for the timely, proper handover of the goods to the shipping company and are not responsible for any delays caused by the carrier. Any shipping time we might indicate is therefore not binding.
(4) If the customer is a consumer, the risk arising from accidental destruction, damage or loss of the goods passes to the customer at the time the goods are delivered to the customer or the customer is in default of acceptance. In all other cases, the risk is transferred when the goods are delivered to the customer by the carrier.